The review many people has anticipated (I think) is now about to conclude! I wasn't able to pose it much due to the weight and size, but I did try my best to capture most of the do-able poses and points of articulation. ^^
Part 1: Box, Runners, Materials & Manual Scans
Part 2: Work in Progress (WIP) Compilation
Part 3: Overall Review
Notes: No action bases were harmed during the course of the review.
Without further delays, read on~
Part 1: Height Comparisons
Part 2: Up, Left, Down, Right & Close-Ups
Part 3: Articulation & Gimmicks
If you find the legs are loose, you can easily tighten the screws. If it is loose by the knee, you'll need to open just a few armor parts and you can tweak the screws already.
Part 4: Action!
Part X: Wings... OPEN!
Part 5: Conclusion
- Darn close to the original. Credits to chev_chelios (Lowyat forums) for the pic (his friends').
- Damn cheap. Since its a bootleg, you can pretty much get it no more expensive than a standard priced original MG.
- Most parts can fit in perfectly. However, a few need effort to be put in.
- Quite stable on its feet even though you might not think so in the first place. Way more stable than the 1/60 Exia. XP
- LEDs can light up...
- Its a PG!
- Some parts need a little extra effort/force to put together (eg, upper torso area, LEDs).
- LEDs can't be installed successfully due to the screws not being able to screw in at the last step...
- Some parts like to come off easily when posing (ankle armor, wings). A bit of superglue can fix this problem easily though as only a few of them exhibit the problem. If you don't try to extensively pose it like me, you might not really feel it. XP
- Some minor missing details. You might not notice them missing in the end though...
- Can't really hold the TBR easily. Some help from a smaller base, like what I did, can alleviate this problem though.
- This guy totally should have had a base included with it! <- Bandai's fault. x.x
Posing is rather limited but the same goes with the original. Due to the lack of a proper action base, it doesn't do much justice to this model kit. However, if you have the PG 1/60 action bases from either the PG Strike or the PG 00, you CAN use it here. If you do get this model kit in the end and have said action base, can you please take a nice shot of the Wing "flying"? ^_^
If you can get it for around RM150, you shouldn't skip this guy out just because its a bootleg (unless you don't want a PG Wing in the first place). However, if you do not want to frustrate yourself with a model kit designed in the year 2000, then you should just skip it.
Okay, that's all for now. Not sure if I typed everything I wanted to say though as it is pretty late at night over here already. XD
Until the next review! Hint: The next one will be majority black in color.